Latest Software Update (Please sign in to access this area)
Easily record and edit your own music like the professionals. This software is a easy-to-use and multilingual audio editing and recording software for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems.
Place DVD in your optical drive. Go to “My Computer” Icon.
You should browse to your optical drive. A screen similar to below should shown on your computer.
For Windows installation:
Follow step 1 to 4 to install Audacity and its relevant plugins.
For Mac OS X
Open Instructions.txt and follow step1 to 4 to complete Audacity Installation for Mac.
Audacity Video Tutorial:
- Audacity Tutorial: Amplification, Compression, Normalizing and Exporting Your Podcast
- Audacity Tutorial: Basic Editing
- Audacity Tutorial: Simple Mixing Music with Voice
- Audacity Tutorial: Voice editing in Audacity
- How to Convert Music from Vinyl to MP3 in Seven Easy Steps
- How to create Ringtone using Audacity Audio Editing ?
- How to Use the Time Shift Tool in Audacity to Mix Your Podcast
- Mix Your Podcast with an Intro and Outro using Audacity
Other Supporting Documents:
- Audacity FAQ – Installation and Plug-Ins
- Tutorial – Editing an Existing File
- Tutorial – Connecting Microphone, Instrument, Mixer
- Tutorial – Audacity Settings for Recording
- Tutorial – Selecting Your Input
- Tutorial – Making a Test Recording
- Tutorial – Recording and Editing
- Tutorial – Recording audio playing on the computer
- Tutorial – Copying tapes, LPs or minidiscs to CD
- Tutorial – Recording Multi-track Overdubs
LADSPA Plugins for Windows (provides 90 extra plugins) LADSPA_plugins-win-0.4.15