Great Software Solutions for your home and business!!
- When I play back a full-screen AVI file using Windows Media Player by double clicking it, the text and graphics becomes blurred.
- How come when I try to record something playing in Windows Media Player (or Real Player or Apple QuickTime), it comes out blank?
- When I record my DVD player, the output is blank.
- Does CamStudio record DirectX, OpenGL applications and special windows such as the Office Assistant in MS Word?
- I am trying to record a DOS application by switching to it from Windows, and it seems to be impossible as all I get is some sort of fuzzy stuff in the playback.
- I have problems compressing with the DivX codec. Sometimes CamStudio will give an error message “Error compressing with compressor, use default compressor ?”. Otherwise, the program will hang when the recording is completed. Another problem is that the playback displays 3 squished images instead of one.
- I’m using Windows Vista/Windows 7 I can’t find my videos after saving.
- I am recording a game with its sound effects and music. The video comes out fine but how come the audio is missing ?
- When I record audio from the microphone, the sound comes out “choppy” or “jumpy”. I am using Win 98.
- I record with the default settings of CamStudio and it uses up all my CPU resources. How can I free up more CPU resources for doing other stuff?
- My Win 2000 system freezes when I record with CamStudio.
- How can I optimize the video settings to get the best results ? Can you suggest a good video setting ?
- When I record a large window, the computer becomes very slow. How can I capture a large window fast enough?
- I’m having problems recording at 30 frames per second so I can get nice and smooth flowing video.
- What is the Recording Thread Priority option used for?
Stability and Recovery
- CamStudio does not work as well as in previous sessions.
- My recording crashed after ten minutes (or after a fixed amount of time). How can I prevent this?
- After I’ve minimized CamStudio, I am unable to find it in the taskbar. How can I restore CamStudio ?
- When I press the shortcut key to stop the recorder when the program is minimized, the save dialog does not appear.
- When I click the Record button, I get an “Error Creating AVI file” message.
- CamStudio crashed halfway into the recording. Is there any way to recover the partially saved/recorded files?
- Can I use the AVI files recorded with CamStudio for commercial purposes ?
- I have finished recording with CamStudio and would like to trim/cut some of the frames in the AVI. Are there any freeware video editors that can do this?
- I need to save in the QuickTime or Mpeg format. How can I do that with CamStudio ?
- How can I convert AVI files to Windows Media files (.ASF .WMV) for streaming on the Internet.
- I am trying to edit the AVI file recorded with CamStudio. But your video files, with playback rate at 200 fps (default settings) makes editing very difficult. There are just too many irrelevant frames.
- Is it possible to first create a .avi file with CamStudio, then save it to play in CamStudio Movie Player 2.0, then burn the whole thing onto a CD-ROM?
- I would like to be able to load CamStudio Player 2 (playplus.exe) with the name of a video file and have the playing automatically start. I would also like the player to automatically exit when this is complete. Are there any command line options which will permit this?
- I have downloaded your source code and found them very interesting. Would you tell me how the function XXX in file YYY works ?